Important Tax Information
In consideration of COVID-19, the United States Postal Service, and timely receipt of your 2020 tax forms, Fi Plan Partners would like to remind you that your tax forms may be found online through the LPL Financial Account View portal when available.
If you already have an active Account View profile, you may visit our website at fiplanpartners.com where you can log in and find your 2020 tax forms under the “Documents and Statements” tab. Select “Tax Forms” and be sure the 2020 tax year is the chosen year. All tax forms currently available may be found here.
If you do not currently have an Account View profile, you may contact our office at (205) 989-3498 and we would be happy to assist you. We will simply need your preferred email address and/or username.
Tax forms for accounts held outside of LPL Financial such as annuities and 529’s are not available on Account View but will be sent directly from those companies, as applicable.
As a reminder, the CARES Act waives RMDs in 2020 for all retirement account types including inherited IRAs, SEP IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs, 401(k), 403(b), and 457(b) plans. This is a true waiver, which means that the 2020 RMD does not need to be made up in 2021. The CARES Act RMD waiver applies to:
- Individuals who have delayed taking their 2019 RMD until April 1, 2020
- Individuals who have an RMD due by December 31, 2020
- Beneficiaries who are currently taking stretch distributions from a beneficiary IRA
As of the date of this email, there is no legislation that waives 2021 Required Minimum Distribution requirements.
Lastly, LPL Financial has provided some important tax filing dates as well as the tax form mailing schedule below to know when to expect your tax documents based on the account type:
Key Upcoming Dates – Mailing Schedule
Forms will be sent out during the following weeks:
- January 29: Form 1099-R and Form 1099-Q
- January 22 & 29: Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement – includes accounts with the simplex tax information and not subject to income reclassification
- February 5, 12, 19, 26: Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement – Accounts holding more complex securities for which issuers provided final tax information after January 31
- February 19: Preliminary 1099 Consolidated Tax Statement – Draft Copy – include accounts that will not receive a final 1099 Consolidated Tax Statement until all income data is finalized
- March 5, 12, & 19: Includes tax information that investment companies did not furnish to LPL Financial, the broker of record, in time for the February 19 mailing deadline, such as:
- Accounts holding securities that may be subject to income
- Accounts holding securities that provide mortgage-backed income reporting information (AMBIR)
- April 15: IRS tax filing or extension request deadline
- May 31: Form 5498
- October 15: IRS extension tax filing deadline
Click here for the full LPL Financial 2021 Mailing Schedule for 2020 Tax Information.
Greg Powell, CIMA®
President and CEO
Email Greg Powell here
Chief Operations Officer
Email Keri Fish here
Fi Plan Partners is an independent investment firm in Birmingham, AL, serving clients across the nation through financial planning, wealth management and business consulting. Fi Plan Partners creates strategies in the best interest of their clients using both fee based investing and transactional investing.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly.
Economic forecasts set forth in this presentation may not develop as predicted.
No strategy can ensure success or protect against a loss.
Stock investing involves risk including potential loss of principal.
Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download